DirecTV Now on Apple TV
The combination of DirecTV Now on Apple TV brings you some of the best packages starting from as little as $40 per month and going right up to $75 per month. If you want to know the channels that DirecTV Now offers for Apple 4k users, here they are now.
- Animal Planet
- Cartoon Network
- Fox and Fox Business
- FS1 and FS2
- Natgeo Wild
- National Geographic
- Olympic Channel
Prior To Setting Up The Device
- You can manage and setup DirecTV Now on Apple TV with its 4th generation device.
- To do this, you require either a wired or wireless (Wi-Fi) connection or even an Ethernet cable connection will do.
- Like all contemporary streaming devices, Apple TV also uses an HDMI cable for connection.
- You will also need a TV or a home theater with HDMI connectivity port.
- If you wish to perform an automated setup you can do it with an iOS device.
- You may also require a power cord and remote to power on the device and sync the remote for navigation, respectively.
Note: It is recommended to use the remote that comes along with the Apple TV 4K device to control the channel navigation.
Setup and Installation
The steps to setting up DirecTV Now on Apple TV player is really easy. It is just a matter of connecting the HDMI to the streaming player and the HDMI and pairing the remote and the mobile devices. Thereafter, locate the DirecTV Now app and download it on your player. Next, complete the installation of the app by clicking on it.
Note: Ensure that the current operating system running on your Apple TV is tvOS 9+.
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV
- Click on the DirecTV Now app and then on ‘Get for Free’
- You will be able to download the app once you have entered the Apple ID and Password
Note: When you are not able to locate the DirecTV Now app, then simply use the embedded ‘Search’ function in the device. This will help you find the app immediately to launch it.
Updating DirecTV Now
Most of the time the DirecTV Now on Apple TV is updated automatically by the device by default, whenever a new version is introduced. But sometimes you tend to disable these automatic updates. At the time, you will have to update DirecTV Now manually to avail of all its functionality.
- Go the App Store and look for the DirecTV Now app
- The App Page will display any updates that are available
- Just follow instructions to execute it
Removing DirecTV Now
- To remove the app from the App store, you need the Apple TV 4K’s remote
- Highlight the app that you wish to remove
- Now, hold the touch surface down and the app will start shaking on the screen
- Thereafter, you have to click on the Play/Pause
- Next, select ‘Delete’ using the touch surface
- Use the touch surface to select Delete.